- Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids
- Letter in support of HR 4742, which would impose an excise tax on nicotine used in e-cigarettes
- Urging support for the Reversing the Youth Tobacco Epidemic Act, HR 2339
- Letter to FDA urging them to adopt a policy of disclosing to the public the products for which premarket applications have been filed by the new deadline and are undergoing the premarket review process, as well as to identify all those products for which applications should have been filed by the deadline to remain on the market
- Trust for America’s Health
- Letter to VP Pence and Congressional leadership calling for paid sick days and related policies
- Public health infrastructure sign-on letter to congressional leadership to highlight the negative effects of economic downturn on public health budgets
- Letter to HHS Secretary Azar urging him to strengthen and affirm the role of CDC
- American Lung Association and American Heart Association
- Letter to the Administration regarding the urgent need for action to be taken to ensure adequate supply and distribution of personal protective equipment and ventilators
- Encouraging members of Congress to support federal legislation and programs designed to provide sex education that is comprehensive and inclusive
- APHA & National Environmental Health Association
- Requesting a $12 million increase for CDC’s Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry in FY 2021
- Build America’s School Infrastructure Coalition
- Letter encouraging Congress to enact into law Division K of HR2, the Reopen and Rebuild America’s Schools Act (RRASA), which would authorize $100 billion for long-standing school infrastructure needs
- Food Research & Action Center
- Letter urging the Biden administration to work with Congress and take every administrative step possible to establish Universal School Meals
Criteria for signing on to “On the Spot” (OTS) requests:
- The issue supports the core values of ASHA.
- The values of the originator of the request are aligned with those of ASHA.
- The values of the other co-signers are aligned with those of ASHA on this specific issue.
- ASHA has supported the issue in the past, it is still relevant, and it still meets other criteria.
- It the issue is a bill, it doesn’t include amendments or other aspects that ASHA doesn’t support.
On-the-Spot Subcommittee Make-Up:
- At least four people will be on the subcommittee.
- Quorum will be two of the four.
- The majority of those responding will carry the decision.
Approved 6-9-2017 by Advocacy Committee