The American School Health Association provides professional development opportunities for all those associated with school health programs. A variety of professional development options include: conferences, self-study and webinars to ensure accessibility. The American School Health Association provides a variety of continuing education including:
- Provider of Continuing Education Contact Hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (#97998).
- Accredited provider of continuing nursing education by the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, Agency Provider #A22.
- Supports the IC&RC Prevention Specialist credential
- Provides participation certificates for submission to other certifying bodies.
The American School Health Association is pleased to offer a variety of different continuing education opportunities including:
- Journal of School Health self-studies*
- Live and on-demand* webinars
- Annual School Health Conference
Each of these opportunities provides the latest in school health research and practice including evidence-based, trauma-informed, medically accurate, and developmentally appropriate programs, policies, and practices.
*eligible for NCHEC continuing competency
ASHA members receive free continuing education hours.
Non-members can purchase CEs at $20/hour ($10/hour for participation certificates). Non-members can purchase CEs from ASHA’s Annual School Health Conference for a flat fee of $50.
How to Purchase Continuing Education Contact Hours
All ASHA Self-Study Offerings are available for purchase from the ASHA online store. To purchase the materials, click on the title you wish to purchase on this page. It will take you to that product in the online store. Upon purchase, this article will be downloadable from the ‘My Transactions’ tab for the next six months.
Click the links below to view self-study offerings from the corresponding years.
All self study offerings are based on selected Journal of School Health articles and answering 10 multiple choice questions. Click here to view an example (PDF).