- Results for America –FY20: Funding Supporting evidence-based funding for a broad range of programs including TPPP
- APHA request-302(b) funding: To secure a strong funding allocation for the House and Senate Labor-HHS Appropriations Subcommittees
- Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids
- Trump Administration’s plan to remove all non-tobacco flavored e-cigarettes, including mint and menthol flavors, from the market.
- FDA’s proposed rule mandating graphic cigarette health warnings
- Provision in Representative Pallone’s Reversing the Youth Tobacco Epidemic Act of 2019 that would prohibit the sale of menthol cigarettes
- CDC and FDA Funding To the FDA requesting explanation for why new tobacco products remain on the market without a premarket review by FDA
- Letter in Support of the SAFE Kids Act
- Letters Opposing the House and Senate Cigar Bills
- Tobacco 21 Bills
- APHA – Infectious Diseases and Opioids: Requesting that Congress appropriate the full $40 million authorized in the SUPPORT Act to address the infectious diseases impacts of the opioid epidemic, including HIV, viral hepatitis, infective endocarditis, and comorbidities
- School Based Health Alliance: School Based Health Center Reauthorization Act
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Vaccine Awareness Campaign to Champion Immunization Nationally and Enhance Safety (VACCINES) Act of 2019
- Power to Decide: Teen Pregnancy Prevention (TPP) Program
Criteria for signing on to “On the Spot” (OTS) requests:
- The issue supports the core values of ASHA.
- The values of the originator of the request are aligned with those of ASHA.
- The values of the other co-signers are aligned with those of ASHA on this specific issue.
- ASHA has supported the issue in the past, it is still relevant, and it still meets other criteria.
- It the issue is a bill, it doesn’t include amendments or other aspects that ASHA doesn’t support.
On-the-Spot Subcommittee Make-Up:
- At least four people will be on the subcommittee.
- Quorum will be two of the four.
- The majority of those responding will carry the decision.
Approved 6-9-2017 by Advocacy Committee