Tuesday, March 15th 4-5 PM ET
Teaching Consent through Modeling and Skill Building
Presented by Julia Bennett, MPH, Manager of Education & Publications, Planned Parenthood Federation of America. This webinar will provide school health professionals with the tools and resources to teach the basics of consent with teens and young adults in the classroom. A brief background for the need of consent education along with four short educational videos on consent will be reviewed. Lesson plans on negotiating consent and media literacy will also be covered during the webinar.
At the end of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Explain why consent education is needed, and how it’s different than sexual assault/unhealthy relationships education.
- Identify useful videos that explain and model consent for use in the classroom.
- Teach a lesson plan on how to negotiate consent
- Teach a lesson plan on media literacy around consent.
- Webinar recording on YouTube
- View the consent videos shown during the webinar
- Slides in PDF
- Download lesson plans: Consent and Media Literacy
- PP Digital tools for teens: plannedparenthood.org/apps
- Chat/text: plannedparenthood.org/chat
Continuing Education Credits approved for this webinar:
1.0 Category I CECH for CHES/MCHES, 1.0 Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) contact hour has been approved for attendees of the LIVE webinar. Certificates of attendance also can be bought. Free for ASHA members and $30 for non-members. Click here to purchase