The American School Health Association is a multidisciplinary organization of administrators, counselors, dietitians, nutritionists, health educators, physical educators, psychologists, school health coordinators, school nurses, school physicians, and social workers. We envision healthy students who learn and achieve in healthy environments nurtured by caring adults functioning within coordinated school and community support systems.
ASHA membership provides you with the knowledge, skills, and resources to engage and coordinate with other school health professionals. By working together, we can accomplish more! Join the American School Health Association to strengthen your professional growth. Signing up is easy—individuals may join online or print the membership application and fax or mail it with payment.
Description of Member Benefits
- Journal of School Health (JOSH)- Exclusive member benefit! Members receive a monthly subscription to ASHA’s peer-reviewed, indexed professional journal. The Journal of School Health (JOSH) is not available to non-members. (12 issues a year / monthly) In our effort to Go Green, ASHA members who join after July 1st 2019 will have access to the online version of JOSH and will not receive a print copy unless indicated otherwise.
- Continuing Education – members receive free Continuing Education credits (includes CEs through JOSH self-studies, monthly webinars, and the Annual School Health Conference)
- ASHA members receive a 15% discount on select American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) titles
- A discount to the Sex Ed Network. This offer is exclusive to ASHA members.
- Conference – Members receive a discounted registration rate to ASHA’s annual school health conference which includes general sessions, oral presentations, poster sessions, exhibits, and plenty of time for networking.
- School Health Action – subscription to our bi-weekly e-newsletter
- ASHA Career Center – discount rates for job postings in our Career Center
- Regular-$165 Save time and sign up online! Click here to join! If you must pay by check, please use the PDF version of our Membership Application and send it to the address listed at the bottom of the form.
- Student-$80 Students interested in ASHA membership cannot purchase membership online and must submit their application and proof of full-time student status to ASHA annually. Click here to complete the Membership application.
- Retired-$80 To qualify for a Retired membership, you must be an ASHA member for ten years. Please contact ASHA Headquarters if you wish to become a Retired member!
- Organizational-$575 Available to governmental, voluntary, and not-for-profit organizations, including schools and school districts, that are supportive of and in alignment with the advancement of school health programs and the mission of ASHA. Organizational memberships provide for up to five individuals who receive the same member benefits as a Regular or Retired member. Additional members after the first 5 individuals can be added to the membership for $100 each.. Click here to complete the membership application and send it to the address listed at the bottom of the form.
Membership fees are non-refundable and cannot be paid in installments. Membership is non-transferable.