Shine Light on Depression
Thursday, March 5th, 2:00pm-3:00pm EST
Presented by Ilana Sherman, Erika’s Lighthouse; Amy Sheldon, National PTA
Shine Light on Depression is a website that provides school communities with free, ready-to-use resources and tools designed to raise awareness of depression and suicide prevention among middle and high school youth and families in a positive, honest, fact-based, and culturally inclusive manner. This approach helps build a community in which there is open discussion and appropriate vocabulary about the subject of depression and places it in the broader context of good mental health.
Shine Light on Depression provides:
- Effective and customizable classroom lessons to help educators lead effective depression awareness programs
- Family-community workshop materials to help adults and families talk about how to support teens
- Teen club tools that empower students to lead activities and help each other by talking and listening
- Community Connector for linking people with credible helplines and mental health/substance use resources
- Elucidate the need for teen depression and suicide prevention programs
- Describe major features of Erika’s Lighthouse curriculum
- Access family program tools
This webinar is eligible for 1 CECH for CHES/MCHES through NCHEC, 1 NAPNAP Contact Hour through NAPNAP, or 1 General Continuing Education Hour. You may earn CEs by attending the live webinar, or by completing the knowledge check at a later date. ASHA members get free continuing education hours included with membership, non-members will have the opportunity to purchase certificates after the webinar. Not sure if you’re a current ASHA member? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.