Shatter the Myths® During National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week (NDAFW)
Thursday, September 13th 2018, 2:00pm-3:00pm ET
Presented by Brian Marquis, BS Family Studies & Health Communications
Join Brian Marquis, Public Liaison Officer at NIDA, for a discussion about how to bring NDAFW and the science behind the effects of drugs and alcohol use to your school community.
- Analyze teen substance use and attitudes toward substance use
- Explain NDAFW and the resources available to integrate it into existing substance misuse education programming
- Differentiate how NDAFW and related programs can be customized to meet the needs of school stakeholders (students, teachers, administrators)
- Formulate a plan for participating in NDAFW that’s customized to the unique needs of the participants’ community
- Webinar Recording
- Webinar Slides
- National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week website
- Sign up for emails about National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week
- Step-by-Step Planning Toolkits
- Lesson Plan and Activity Finder
- Monitoring the Future survey on drug and alcohol use and attitudes
1.0 entry level or advanced Category I CECH for CHES®/MCHES® has been approved for this webinar. Certificates of attendance can also be obtained. ASHA members get free continuing education hours included with membership, non-members will have the opportunity to purchase certificates after the webinar for $30. Not sure if you’re a current ASHA member? Email email@example.com.