Tuesday, April 19th 3-4 PM ET
Teaching Happiness in our Classrooms
Presented by Dr. Stephen Goodwin, Associate Professor, Behavioral Health and Nutrition, University of Delaware. This webinar will provide tools and resources to encourage school health professionals and teachers to incorporate happiness/positive psychology principles into their classrooms and personal lives.
At the end of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Define happiness as it relates to health behaviors and decisions
- Recognize how everyone has the ability to change their perspective on events in order to improve their happiness and decrease their stress
- Recognize the importance of forgiveness, not comparing, and accepting challenge impact one’s happiness
Resources from the webinar
- Webinar recording on YouTube
- Slides in PDF
- Books mentioned: The 6 Pillars of Self-Esteem by Nathaniel Brandon and The Art of Happiness by Howard Cutler and the Dalai Lama. Reaching Teens by Kenneth Ginsburg from AAP is also available to ASHA members at a special rate through the end of June (CEUs approved).
1.0 CNE contact hour for nurses, 1.0 Category I CECH for CHES/MCHES, and 1.0 hour certificate of attendance. Certificates are free for ASHA members, $30.00 for non-members. Purchase today! (For live attendees only)