Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:00-4:00pm ET
“AMAZEing” Animated Sexuality Education Videos for Middle Schoolers
Ashley Benson, MSAP and Nora Gelperin, MEd, Advocates for Youth
Join ASHA and Advocates for Youth in this webinar to learn more about AMAZE, an engaging, age-appropriate, online sexuality education resource for 10-to 14-year-olds. Developed in collaboration between Advocates for Youth, Answer, and Youth Tech Health, the AMAZE videos provide the answers young people want and need in an age-appropriate and relatable format. Recognizing the critical role parents and educators play in educating young people about their changing bodies, sexuality, and healthy relationships, AMAZE also provides resources for parents and educators to use in talking with the young people in their lives. Register today to learn more about AMAZE and how to utilize this resource in your work as a school health professional.
At the end of this webinar, learners will be able to:
- Describe three key features of AMAZE
- Explain two main reasons for creating an online, video-based sexual health education resource for very young adolescents
- List two ways that AMAZE could be used by school health professionals to support sexual health education in very young adolescents
- Watch the Webinar on YouTube
- Get a copy of the slides in PDF
- Contact the panelists from AMAZE
- Ashley Benson – ashley(at)amaze.org
- Nora Gelperin – nora(at)advocatesforyouth.org
- Visit www.amaze.org for free videos and discussion questions reviewed during the webinar
- Subscribe to AMAZEORG via YouTube to be notified when a new video is released
1.0 Category I CECH for MCHES/CHES and 1.0 Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) contact hour has been approved for this webinar. Certificates of attendance can also be bought. ASHA members get free continuing education hours, non-members will have the opportunity to purchase hours for $30.00 after the webinar in follow up emails.